Well, I came up with something amazing in the kitchen the other day and I can’t wait to share it with you!
It’s a coconut, ginger, carrot, pumpkin soup… and it’s delicious. check it out!
(serves 1… double recipe if you want leftovers or are feeding someone else as well)
- 1 to 1.5 cups of cooked pumpkin, butternut squash, or some other winter squash
- 1/2 cup coconut cream, no additives
- 1/2 cup homemade beef or chicken broth (if not available, substitute 1/4 cup of water and 1 teaspoon Trocomore or Herbamare)
- 1 serving chicken thigh or breast (optional). One serving is the size of a deck of cards.
- 2 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 2 – 3 small cloves garlic, grated or crushed
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- Juice of one lemon wedge
1. Cook your pumpkin or squash by cutting in half or fourths, scooping out seeds, and baking in the oven on 400 degrees until soft. Takes half hour to an hour depending on how big it is. Leftovers can be used for other dishes and side dishes later!
2. When finished, combine one cup squash, coconut cream, broth (or water & herbs), and lemon juice in the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
3. Sautee garlic, ginger, carrot, cumin, turmuric, and coconut oil on medium heat in a frying pan for about 3 or 4 minutes. Add chicken and sautee mixture until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Turn heat way down to low, wait a couple minutes until it cools off, then add the squash/coconut mixture. Cook a couple more minutes until flavours mingle and everything is heated thoroughly.
5. Serve with a few chopped green onions as garnish if you wish, and drizzle a little bit more coconut cream over it, and enjoy!