A fruitless green smoothie, eh? Why on earth would you want to eat that?
Well green smoothies are PACKED full of nutrition…. but I’ve been doing a candida cleanse recently and cut all natural sugars out of my diet for a few weeks. I didn’t want to give up my healthy green smoothie for breakfast, so I adapted it to fit my new fruitless lifestyle.
Watch the video to find out how to do it!
- 1 cup milk kefir (you could use some kind of water kefir, coconut milk, almond milk, or just plain ol water if you aren’t into making milk kefir)
- Handful of soaked or sprouted nuts. I like almonds.
- Half an avocado
- Handful of unsweetened coconut ribbons or flakes
- 4 to 5 drops of liquid stevia extract (doesn’t have to be the liquid, it could be the powder or the actual herb)
- As much cinnamon as you want
- Tablespoon of cod liver oil (lemon flavour or some other flavour. I probably wouldn’t put this in the smoothie if it was unflavoured fish flavour)
- As many greens as you can stuff in your blender! The more the merrier! I have noticed though that strong tasting greens like kale will overpower this fruitless smoothie. I think spinach is a pretty safe bet as its quite mild and you have a better chance of your smoothie not tasting gross.
- Optional: A quick squeeze of lemon juice from a wedge. Only if I’m feeling zesty!