After years of experimenting with different natural, holistic strategies to treat my own acne prone skin, I’ve come to a few solid conclusions.
One is that the acne on different areas of my face acts, behaves, and responds differently than one another.
Although I’ve been loving the benefits I’ve been getting from my DIY ultra-natural, ultra-healing moisturizer, it doesn’t mean it’s the be-all-end-all to every type of acne on my face.
I want to share with you which natural, holistic strategies I’ve found has worked best for me for these different types of acne that I get.
The Kind of Acne That Dons My Face
Here’s the break down of my acne prone face:
- Forehead = very, very prone to full on clogged pores all over it. And the occasional run of the mill inflamed pimple.
- Cheeks and jaw = thankfully not acne prone at all, even in the really bad acne days
- Smile lines and sides of nose = not normally acne prone for me, but the acne did spread here when my skin was really bad
- Chin area = My most stubborn acne prone area. Prone to stubborn mildish acne.. numerous small to medium inflamed pimples that all pop up at the same time right before my period, and right after it. These pimples wouldn’t be such a big deal if it was just one of them at a time, but since they all happen at once, it gets tiresome.
- Chin area = If things start really going downhill with my skin, I also start getting big inflamed volcano style pimples, as well as lots of those big hurty under the skin red ones that don’t really ever come to a head
- All over except cheeks = I’m also prone to just uneven skin tone.. red blotchy areas
Here’s my breakdown of what I’ve discovered works best for me: [Read more…]