Is your skin dry? Is it oily? Normal? Combination? Sensitive?… or what about… dehydrated?
Figuring out what your skin type is can help you decide on the best kind of external skin care ingredients to use. Here’s a quick description of each:
- Oily – skin produces more oil than it needs. Like a fair bit of oil will come off on your finger when you touch it.
- Dry – skin doesn’t produce enough oil, feeling very dry and maybe flakey to the touch
- Normal – skin produces just the right amount of oil .. not particularly dry or oily to the touch
- Combination – some of the skin on your face is one thing, and other parts another. Like an oily t-zone but dry cheeks, for example
- Sensitive – skin overreacts to external stimuli, usually by producing redness
- Dehydrated – skin lacks water, making it feel tight and prune like (think of a grape vs a raisin)
Okay so here’s something new that I have learned recently which is why I’m writing this blog post: [Read more…]