So I don’t know about you, but I loved Celine’s article from last week!
She probably hit on every single emotion that you’ve felt about yourself and your acne on this journey.
Let’s recap. In Celine’s words, she:
- Felt that my body was failing me;
- Felt frustrated that I still wasn’t clear, even after all the work (and the money) I had already put in;
- Worried about going to the shop without makeup;
- Was terrified of going out of the house at all;
- Felt stuck in my own head;
- Hated all mirrors, all windows, all cameras, and generally speaking, all things where I could see my reflection on.
- Felt guilty that I had let my skin get so bad;
- Worried that I was spending way too much money on makeup, supplements, and acne healing programs;
- Stressed about post-acne breakouts;
- Felt constantly afraid of new breakouts, especially in the morning;
- Worried about my skin, that it wouldn’t heal before my boyfriend came to visit, before the holidays, before my wedding day… That in fact, it would never, ever heal.
Your Emotions Play a Big Role in Breakouts
So, you might be on this journey, and like Celine, you’ve heard that emotional stuff and stress is probably a big factor in your breakouts.
Ugh but whatever… you get it… but “healing your emotional world” that just feels confusing and impossible … like pushing a boulder up a mountain.
And like… what does “healing your emotional world” even MEAN, anyway? [Read more…]