So I landed in Australia all safe and sound, and now I’m busy getting settling in. I’m also battling some serious jet lag!
Hopefully I’ll get some cool Aussie-backgrounded videos up for you soon, but in the meantime, here is one I recorded before I left home. It’s about a darn good salad that I’ve been eating as a meal…. I love it. It’s delicious and filling – and healthy, of course!
Watch the video and find out how to make the best gosh darn salad you ever had!
The recipe ingredients:
- Big bowl of salad greens
- A bunch of cherry tomatoes (or one regular medium tomato)
- 1/2 or 1/4 of a red, yellow, or orange bell pepper
- Handful of sprouts (alfalfa or whatever)
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped purple onion
- Half an avocado
- The kernels of one corn cob (completely optional)
- 2 or 3 big spoonfuls of hummus
- The juice of one lemon wedge
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- a squirt or tablespoon of organic prepared mustard (I forgot this in the salad in the video, but I usually have this in the dressing)
- A few shakes of sea salt
- A few shakes of pepper
- Handful of pumpkin seeds
Throw all of this in a bowl, mix it up, and enjoy!
By the way, most of the ingredients are completely optional, so don’t feel like you need everything on here to make a good salad. You can also add other things – bits of meat are good too if you eat it. Try throwing a bit of chicken on there. Be creative 🙂