Hey hey! Guess what? I have a pretty sweet new cleanser for you to try out if you have acne prone skin — it’s micellar water!
If you are prone to acne breakouts, what you wash your face with is very important.
The way we usually do it ain’t so helpful when it comes to stopping acne. Harsh chemical cleansers that strip your skin leave you prone to oil over-production and bacterial invasion.
If you want to stop acne breakouts, then you want to look for a cleanser that:
- Leaves the skin hydrated and does not strip all its water and oil (so that your skin doesn’t feel the need to overproduce oil to compensate — or get so dehydrated that the pores trap clogs in them)
- Has the proper PH – ie. slightly acidic – as to preserve the healthy skin barrier function (to keep bacteria out and water in)
- Is free of harsh chemicals (chemicals are, at the very least, not nourishing to the skin, at the worst potentially damaging)
- Does a great job of easily removing makeup and dirt
- Doesn’t require intense exfoliation, hot water, or steaming to rinse makeup and cleanser off (ahem, oil cleansing)
This is actually a really tall order. [Read more…]